How to become a good listener
Listening is an art and a necessary skill to climb the ladder of success in every ones life. Even though God has given all of us two ears and only one mouth, we always speak a great deal and listen very less. ( In Hinduism Lord Ganesha’s large ears are often referred for good Listening ) Its a common problem that everyone wants to be the center of attraction in the arena and get all the limelight. The most successful people in any industry in this world have always been good listeners.I would like to remember below key tips for good listening which has also often referred by many Psychiatrists and great successful people in the world.
Key points for good listening:
- Listen to others with respect and validation
- Be InterestedListen without thinking how you’re going to respond/ answer
- Give Attention
- Listen with optimism and positive mind
- No Interruption
- Keep and work out for good body language
- Maintain your eye contact and Avoid Fidgeting
– Happy Listening. Great life.